Dentistry for Kids
Kids can’t wait for their dental visits!
That might sound unbelievable, but it is true at Bristol Dental and Orthodontics. We love treating kids and teens, and it shows.
Our team is dedicated to creating the kind of early dental experiences that build healthy habits and gorgeous lifetime smiles. How do we do it? With a comprehensive, team approach that really reaches out to children:
- It all starts with happy, positive attitudes from every member of our team. We want children to FEEL (not just hear) that there is nothing to fear from a trip to the dentist.
- Our little patients aren’t perched on adult-sized chairs in the reception area, staring at grown-up magazines. We have an inviting playroom right in our lobby, with toys and books appropriate for their age range.
- Family visits are encouraged. They allow young children to see that parents or siblings aren’t apprehensive, and they give shy little ones a chance to ask questions without being center of attention.
- We take time to initiate children into dental surroundings, with a tour of the office, educational videos, humor, and patience in answering their questions.
- Parent education is important, too, especially for new moms and dads. We provide educational materials and advice on home care and tooth-conscious nutrition. Our hygiene team explains the importance of proper brushing and flossing, and demonstrates good technique to parents and children, in kid-friendly terms.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi keeps children entertained with computer games, and lets teens stay on top of social media happenings.
- Flat screens in our treatment rooms distract kids with cartoons, favorite shows, and movies.
- We have toys and surprises to reward little ones for embracing dental care.
- Most importantly, our doctors and staff utilize soothing techniques and child-sized equipment for comfortable treatment.
We deliver a dental experience that leaves your child aware of the benefits of healthy teeth, proud of a good check-up, and looking forward to the next appointment.
The ADA suggests beginning dental care as soon as the first tooth erupts or by the child’s first birthday. Call Bristol Dental and Orthodontics at (714) 656-4451 for a complimentary consultation, to get your child started on a healthy smile for life.